I am currently experiencing studio envy.
Being able to occasionally work from home is a huge bonus and one I fully appreciate. For these reasons:
- No commute.
- Being able to listen to your preferred radio station.
- Not having to fork out around a fiver for a sandwich for lunch.
- Being able to make a cup of tea without feeling obliged to make one for everyone else within listening distance one too.
- No one’s there to raise their eyebrows if you eat three biscuits in one go.
- Slobbing around in pyjamas until whatever time you feel necessary to change.
- No commute.
My desk however, leaves something to be desired. In that it’s not really a desk and more a dining room table. If I worked from home more often perhaps it would warrant us allocating a dedicated space for my ‘office’ but for the moment a laptop suffices.
But in my browsing on Pinterest (soon to be renamed Procrastinationest) and elsewhere I keep on coming across beautifully stylish home work spaces. Of course, if your business is arty or crafty your tools lend themselves to looking beautiful so they have an unfair advantage. Still, maybe I can arrange my pens and paperclips a bit more creatively?
Here are some of my favourites but you can see more here:
|Office with a view|
|Perfect space to write my French novel|
|Fairylights make any space look beautiful|
|If there are two of you who work from home|
Does your work space look like these? If mine did, there'd be no slobbing around in pyjamas till lunchtime that's for sure.