Friday 13 July 2012

Reader Appreciation

Nothing like a bit of Reader Appreciation to make your day. Mother Goutte certainly made mine when she let me know she’d nominated me. So now I’d like to share the love.

The rules of this award are as follows

1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer the questions below for fun, if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs that you enjoy, or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominees with a link to your post and comment on their blog to let them know they've been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.

What's your favourite colour?

Depends what’s flowering in the garden. At the moment I’m going through a purple lavender phase with some dianthus pink.

What is your favourite animal?

Penguins for sure. Back home in South Africa you can visit a little beach where the penguins roam around happy as can be, swimming in the water with you and running over your towels. Best not to touch them though – they like their space.

penguin

What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?

Non-alcoholic? I don’t understand….

Facebook or Twitter?

Each has its pros and cons but I like the instantaneous of Twitter. Have also recently found Google+ and am thinking Facebook is looking a bit dated in comparison.

Do you prefer giving or getting presents?

Depends on the gift or the receiver/giver. I used to get ridiculously overwrought trying to find the perfect gift and would spend hours researching various options or scouring the shops. Having a baby and has cured this obsession because those hours are no longer available. Also, I now know that booze/cake/flowers are all completely acceptable and appreciated.

Favourite day of the week?

Silly question - obviously Friday. End of week, begin of weekend – what’s not to love!

Favourite flower?

Lisianthus – a less fussy rose. More delicate and rambly.

What is your passion?

Books. My mum used to tell me off for being antisocial because I always had my head buried in one. My dream is to have a my own personal library one day with one of those slide ladders so I can reach everything. There’d be a window seat, and a big golden Labrador to lie at my feet while I read, and a magically self-replenishing glass of merlot at my fingertips.

Well, that’s me in a mini-nutshell. Now for the next round of nominations...

I know these things aren't everyones cup of G&T so feel free to accept the award and that's that. But if you'd like a day off from thinking up a blog post...

I’d like to nominate:

Gourmet Mum
Practically Perfect Mums
All in One Mum
Mushy Pea
Knitty Mummy


2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks. I shall get blogging right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the penguins beach sounds nice! Love your answers. Xx

    ReplyDelete