As an infant blogger (not quite three months yet) I wasn’t quite sure what to expect this past weekend. The agenda promised so much - dare I have hoped it would fulfil my expectations?
Right from the start I knew this was a weekend I would never forget. I was overwhelmed with warmth and openness from just about everyone I met (including the lovely man serving champagne – no blogging tips from him though ;)
Special thanks to gorgeous Gourmetmum, Diary of a First Child (hands full with the second beautiful child), hilarious PracticallyPerfectMums, smiley and award-winning AResidence, and lovely Playactivities for sound advice, lovely words, and introductions – much appreciated!
So, my highlights:
1. Judy Murray’s tennis court made with string and cereal boxes. I’m ashamed to say I’d forgotten how to be creative with ‘nothing’.
2. The Vitamix blender – because really soup and ice cream in one, how impressive is that?
3. Vlogging with GeekMummy – started looking up tripods immediately afterwards. Am threatening videos – watch this space.
4. Sarah Brown and Cherry Healey – both fantastic speakers.
5. The finale of blog posts – all brilliant but DownsSideUp was especially emotional.
6. The food! Felt very jealous of the pregnant/breastfeeding mammas who had an excuse to indulge…
7. Piggybanks! Inspired. Had great fun making ‘Priscilla – If Pigs Could Fly’. Also a huge fan of whoever did ‘Paris’ covered in tacky jewels… And all for a good cause.
8. Half-naked men bearing champagne. So un-PC, I should be ashamed but strangely am not. Probably because my focus was more on the champagne than the half-naked men.
9. Being inspired by experienced bloggers – Red Ted Art’s impressive viewing numbers for one…
10. Ideas! Have come away with completely illegible notes I’ve scribbled away at the height of excitement. Unfortunately as the champagne has addled my short-term memory, I'm not entirely sure how many of them will come to fruition but at least I had fun.
The only thing I would suggest as a possible improvement to Britmumslive 2013 is for us to be given carts in order to carry home our impossibly generous swag – thank you so much!